To refresh your memory, this is where we left off...
As usual, I was browsing the MLS website - looking through all of the same old listings that we'd already been through and crossed off of our list - hoping for a new one to miraculously appear.
There wasn't anything.
So, on an off chance, I scrolled the map over to the East just a little bit.
Just a little bit farther East than we had been looking...
There it was.
Wrapped in dreamy shades of light blue, grey, and white was a beautiful Cape Cod inspired home.
My heart skipped a beat.
With a little bit of research
(Google Street View was invaluable during this house hunt),
...a sweet little village...
- The downtown had unique little shops and restaurants.
- The Elementry School won me over instantly with the no nonsense "school rules" posted on its website.
- The homes looked well cared for.
- The village just had that feeling... a good place filled with good people.
...a lakeside community...
- Just a few minutes walk to the waterfront.
- A marina, a little river, and nature trails were just steps from the house.
- The whole neighbourhood - right down to the lamp posts - had a coastal, nautical, beachy style (my absolute favourite).
- The pictures looked lovely with a nice white kitchen, hardwood floors, and balcony off of the master bedroom.
It was all I could think about.
I was in love with this village.
I was in love with this neighbourhood.
I was in love with this house.
There was only one problem...I had no idea how long it had been on the market.
Was it even still available?
If it was, what would we have to go through to get it?
I knew that it was listed for a good price and that we would have to act quickly...
...To be continued...