Friday, March 18, 2011

Paper Shredder for Hire

So it's Project: Simplify  time...


Every Monday for 5 weeks, a different Hot Spot is being announced.
Then it's time to get that spot in ship shape order.
Friday is the day to share about the experience.

This week's Hot Spot...
Paper Clutter.

Since we've been away all week, I started this project after our 3 1/2 hour drive home yesterday evening.

Space is at a premium, so we keep our important papers in a portable file box.


You can almost see it under all of the papers waiting to be filed into it.

After gathering up all of the other similar paper piles placed around the house, the first step was to pour a glass of wine.

It was such a nice way to unwind after travelling (and to avoid unpacking).


I couldn't resist this "Sea Glass" Sauvignon Blanc.  What a perfect match for my beach glass coloured wine glass (the set was a wedding present and includes several beautiful jewel toned colours).

I sorted those papers...

to be filed,
to be recycled,
to be shredded.

Then I took a look inside the box...



It was a little bit haphazard and disorganized.  So I redid the labels and did it the fun way...


...with stamps!

(also, another way to avoid unpacking).




Much Better!




If you don't have a paper shredder, you can get a basic one for a decent price at most department stores...

...or Oliver is available for a small fee.


Thanks for stopping by.


Check out some other paper clutter solutions at Simple Mom.

2 comments:

  1. It’s good that you decided to clean up your paper clutter at home. It would save you space plus, you could use the shredded paper for recycling and crafts after too!

    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.