Friday, November 25, 2011

Tuning in to Christmas

Yep, I'm one of THOSE people...


...I love Christmas music.

On the radio, the television, and the CD player... I've been tuning in to the Christmas spirit lately.
I love the classics sung by the likes of Bing Crosby, the newer versions sung by the cast of Glee, and even the instrumental interpretations.  

Around here, it not only sounds like Christmas, it is beginning to look quite festive as well.  The usual decor has been exchanged for our Wintertime colour palette of Red, Grey, White, and Turquoise.






The Advent Tree is ready and waiting for December 1st...






And the big tree has been up for a week now...







Some of the tree's decorations are new, like this jeweled mercury glass ball.  Things from around the house also adorn the tree, such as starfish and Seashell Stars.  Decorative balls that are usually displayed in bowls are tucked within the branches as well.  The shimmering red and silver tree skirt was handmade by my Mom {thank you!}.






One of my favourite ornaments is this white and silver owl and luckily it came in a set of three!  The woodland creature theme also shows up on a plush reindeer pillow that my Mother-In-Law gave to me {thank you, Robin!}.  For now, until I find the perfect star, our temporary tree topper is a white finger starfish.  Who knows, maybe it will stay.  Silver, white, and red ribbon wrap down the tree and I found this video to be so helpful when doing this.





The baby gate has also been transformed for the season and Oliver's holiday buddies have arrived too...





Instead of adding lots of expensive pillows, a few extra throw blankets create a cozy place to sit.  I found simple fleece throws in red and grey for only $5 each.  Now, it's the perfect spot to relax, enjoy the inviting glow of the tree, watch some holiday movies, and of course...








...listen to some Christmas music!



Thanks for dropping by.


I'm sharing this with...

The Nester's Christmas Tour of Homes



8 comments:

  1. SO pretty....I can't wait to get my home decorated...focus has been on the gallery...maybe this weekend! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! your house looks SO cozy! I especially love the owl too (adorable) and also that fun reindeer pillow. ho ho ho! oh, and in regards to music, i just got the new Michael Buble Christmas cd and it's fantastic. If you like him you may want to check it out. A good throw back as like you, I love the Crosby era too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! Everything looks so cozy. I love this time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas music, too! I must have over 20 Christmas albums(yep that's right, actual discs, not mp3s.) I can't wait to get back into town and pull out all my Christmas boxes. Love your cozy Christmas decor! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The advent tree with burlap lined gifts- BRILLIANT! I could snuggle up by your tree for hours. How far of a drive is it?!!!
    xoxoxo
    Taci

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations are all so cute, love the advent tree with the bear on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.