Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 23: Zebra Question


Today, I'd like to share this photo that I took at our local zoo last summer...





And this little children's poem...



Zebra Question
by Shel Silverstein, A Light in the Attic


I asked the zebra,
Are you black with white stripes?
Or white with black stripes?
And the zebra asked me,
Are you good with bad habits?
Or are you bad with good habits?
Are you noisy with quiet times?
Or are you quiet with noisy times?
Are you happy with sad days?
Or are you sad with happy days?
Are you neat with some sloppy ways?
Or are you sloppy with some neat ways?
And on and on and on and on
And on and on he went.
I'll never ask a zebra
About stripes
Again.





Thanks for dropping by.




This post is part of my blog series, "31 Days of Words to Live By".  For the month of October, I will be sharing my favourite quotes and sayings while incorporating them into daily life and art projects.

This series was inspired by The Inspired Room, where you'll find other "31 Days" series among many other wonderful things!




Day 19: The Pumpkin Patch
Day 20: Ladder Love
Day 23: Zebra Question





.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.