Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tip #2 :: Defeating The Sock Monster

Do you have a sock monster living in your house?  One that eats socks, but only single socks, so that when you take your laundry from the dryer to fold it, you're left with several lonely socks that have lost their mate?  I used to just toss those socks into each family member's sock drawer and they'd soon be pushed to the back and long forgotten.

Awhile ago, I decided to start collecting all the lonely single socks in one place: a big drawstring bag tied to the back of my closet door.  That's where I've been putting everyone's lonely socks when I put away the clean laundry.  There, they can all mingle and not be so lonely.  Now, every few months or so, I dump out the bag to see how those guys are doing and low and behold, I find a giant pile of socks with pairs that match!

So, here's my quick tip - collect all single socks in one spot.  I'm starting to think that there never really was a sock monster living here.  Unless you take into account an almost 4 year old little boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your thoughts.